주 제 : Rehabilitation Busan(도시의 회복)
- 계획대지 :
1) site 1 – 매축지마을 : 동구 범일동 252-140번지 일대
2) site 2 – 부전역 공지(시유지) : 부산진구 부전동 46번지, 부전공영주차장터
3) site 3 – 영도창고부지 : 영도구 대평2가 200, 204, 206번지(조선 질소비료창고)
- 기 간 : 2018년 7월 30일(월)부터 8월 4일(토)까지 5박 6일
- 대 상 : 건축학과 및 관련학과에 재학 중인 국내외 대학생 및 대학원생 약 90명
- 등록비 : 국내학생 10만원, 외국학생 - US$ 100
- 장 소 : 동서대학교 글로벌빌리지
- 등 록 : 등록기간 (5월14일 ~ 6월 14일) 내에 홈페이지에서 신청
/ 신청완료 후 준비위원회에서 팀구성 후 개별통보예정(단, 참가비 입금은 운영위원회에서 확인, 결과통부 후 입금)
- 팀구성 : 팀별 3명 (학교 별 팀이 아닌 국내외 혼합팀)
- 수 상 :
대상 1팀 – 문화체육관광부 장관상
금상 1팀 – 부산광역시 시장상
은상 2팀 - 동서대학교 총장상 / 부산광역시의회 의장상
장려 2팀 - BAF 집행위원장상 / 한국건축가협회 부산건축가회장상
가작 5팀 - 워크숍운영위원장상
- 참가자 전원 워크숍 영문 수료증 발급
- 전시출판 : 2018년 9월 부산건축주간 기간 내 전시하고 책자 제작
- 기타사항 : 개인노트북 지참바람
- 주 최 : 부산광역시, 사)부산건축제
- 주 관 : 사)부산건축제, 한국건축가협회 부산건축가회, 동서대학교, 부산대학교
2018 Busan International Architecture Design Workshop
It is our great pleasure to invite you to participate in the upcoming 2018 Busan International Architectural Design Workshop (BIADW) at Busan, Korea. Busan Architecture Festival (BAF) offers an intensive international design workshop for the students from around the world. BIADW has been held annually during the summer since 2003. Students are invited to investigate a wide array of creative architectural and urban design approaches in the context of the 21st century urban culture. This year, BIADW will be held at Dong-seo University in Busan from July 30 to August 4.
- DESIGN THEME : Rehabilitation Busan
- DESIGN SITE
1) site 1 : Maechukji Village : Rehabilitate Residence (from where the housing function is declining on the reclaimed land)
Program: Plan a residential area where the existing residents and new comers can coexist
- address : 33, Seongnami-ro, Dong-gu, Busan, Republic of Korea
2) site 2 : City-owned space around Bujeon Station): Rehabilitate Public Space
Program: Suggest functions based on the city-owned public space (e.g. planning a parking lot plus a park)
- address : 34, Jungang-daero 783beon-gil, Busanjin-gu, Busan, Republic of Korea
3) site 3 : Yeongdo bonded warehouse : Rehabilitate Industry
Program: Renovate the existing second-industry-based space into the fourth-industry-based or creative industrial space
- address : 33,35,37, Daepyeongbuk-ro, Yeongdo-gu, Busan, Republic of Korea
- ASSIGNMENT : Design and Planning for rehabilitation of each site(Each team select 1 site)
- SYNOPSIS : After the Korean War, Busan has served as one of the main cities leading industrialization and economic development of Korea, maintaining its status as the second-largest city of Korea to date. As of now in 2018, however, the city is facing with the decline of traditional industrial facilities based on manufacturing as well as with the rapid outflow and aging of population, so as to be called for the restructuring of economy and society as well as for the transformation of cityscape.
In this context, efforts are needed to explore the alternative ideas about how such changes of Busan could occur, pondering on why its urban functions have declined and suggesting how to create new functions required of the city while maintaining the history of the site, rather than the previous way of urban renewal like full-scale teardown and redevelopment. To this end, we suggest a backward idle site fit for the themes of housing and public/industrial spaces as the project site of this workshop.
- PERIOD : July 30 (Monday) to August 4, 2018 (Saturday), (5 nights & 6 days)
- PARTICIPATION : Students enrolled in undergraduate or graduate schools in Korea and other countries.
- REGISTRATION FEE : 100 USD for overseas students; 100,000 KRW for domestic students. The fee covers accommodations, meals, and workshop materials. (Applicants are personally responsible for transportation expenses.)
- WORKSHOP PLACE : Global village, Dong-seo University, Busan, Korea.
- REGISTRATION PROCESS : Visit BAF official webpage
(http://www.biacf.org/?d=work&f=work) and follow the register process during the registration period, May 14 to June 14, 2018.
- TEAM ORGANIZATION : It is desirable to have 3 students of different nationalities in each team. One team may be organized for each university under special circumstance. The Committee will be in charge of organizing the teams and informing the participants of their team members before the workshop begins.
- AWARDS :
1 team will receive the Grand Prize presented by the Minister of the ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism
1 team will receive the First Prize presented by the Mayor of Busan Metropolitan City.
2 teams will receive the Second Prize presented by the President of Dong-seo University and the Chairman of Busan Municipal Assembly.
2 teams will receive Excellence Award presented by the Executive Committee of BIACF and the President of the Korean Institute of Architects (Busan Branch).
5 teams will receive Honorable Mention presented by the Organizing Committee of BIADW.
- EXHIBITION & PUBLISHING : Workshop outcome will be exhibited and published in a booklet during the Busan International Architectural Culture Festival in September, 2018.
- POST-WORKSHOP TOUR : Workshop participants may register for the post-workshop domestic tour scheduled for a week from Aug. 5, 2018 by checking the box on the Application Form. Detailed schedule and expense will be posted before June 20.
- Contact : email@example.com